So I haven't updated much because honestly it's been kind of low-key around here, but today I finally have good news, so here's what's been going on in the last week.
1. I worked two days in a week for the first time in a long time. I love pretending like I'm going to be a contributing member of society.
2. I joined westerosorting
and am working diligently on finishing AFFC so that I can get my app in so I can find out what great house I belong to. \o/
3. I am taking my second GRE on Saturday and I have been relearning how to do algebra, geometry, fractions, and learning about statistics and probability so that I can do better than I did originally. I also wish that I could somehow inherently improve my essay writing skillz like a mofo but alas I don't think it's going to happen. I'm just going to have to make sure that I'm doing my best.
4. On the TV front, my mom has started watching Dirty Sexy Money with me, and my dad has taken to watching Heroes with me so that he can make fun of me when I make noises and yell at the TV. I also finally finished Angel (I liked it, but not as much as I liked Buffy -- it had its moments, like Smile Time wherein Angel becomes a puppet
). Joss always kills my favorites, though. The bastard. :( With Angel behind me
I no longer have an excuse for not writing Reneesme Cullen/Connor Angel-slash-Reilly
I can now watch Doctor Who and Torchwood, which I have started to do -- Doctor Who, anyway. I'm making myself wait for Torchwood (WAH). I think I secretly adore Christopher Eccleston and I want a TARDIS for Christmas.
5. There were many lolz to be had in RP last night. LOLZ are the only reason I do anything anymore.
6. I was contemplating doing NaNoWriMo because I really, really want to and I have an idea and everything, but I'm just not sure. I don't want to start it and be on track only to not do anything for three days in the middle of the month and then boom get behind and discouraged. I might do it anyway, since I don't have pile of homework and three term papers like I have in years past. >_>
7. One reason I love my Movie Gallery job: I get to talk about movies and be paid for it. My co-worker and I last Saturday talked about scary movies with basically every customer who came in and wanted a copy of The Happening, which we can't seem to keep on the shelf. She can't do them at all, and my problem is that I can never seem to find one that's scary enough. The last one I saw that I was truly scared by was The Blair Witch Project which -- okay, say what you want about that movie, but when you're twelve, watching it in the middle of the night because you know your parents wouldn't let you, and watching it in the dark lest mom and dad become suspicious... that is a fucking scary movie. I did not want to get up off the couch to turn off the TV. Maybe I'm too cynical for scary movies, I just end up thinking, "Man. That's lame," and I inevitably get bored.
8. Friday we were all ready to go to my brother's play(s) and then BAM my sister called my mom and asked if anyone was going to come get her. It was her fall break, except she had neglected to tell anyone this until that point. So we changed our plans and went to Cedar Rapids to get her. I took her back yesterday, and reminded her to tell us the next time she wanted to come home. I'm glad that we got to go to CR, though, I love road tripping with my family because seriously. Some of the stuff that happens when I'm out with all of them I could not make up if I tried.
9. Finally, I got that job I interviewed last week for and I am going tonight to do paperwork. \o/ I am going to go crazy but you know what, at least I will be paid. Not particularly well paid, but still paid.